Leveling Up Your Leadership
Leaders become great not because of their power, but because of their ability to empower others. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. Developing others leads to reproduction. People development has a multiplying effect. It also leads to loyalty to the leader. On the path to level four, ask yourself these question.
- Am I passionate about my personal growth
- Only growing people are effective at growing others.
- Does my growth journey have credibility?
- When you offer to help, they will ask themselves if you have anything to offer. If you don’t believe in the messenger, you wont believe in the message.
- Are people attracted to me because of my growth?
- People want to learn from leaders they see growing and learning. Dramatic yet humble growth is attractive.
- Am I successful in the areas where I want to develop others?
- Have I crossed over the spend time/invest time line?
- Most people spend time with others…few invest time in them. You need to be an investor in people. This means adding value, but expecting to see a return on your investment…not in personal gain but in impact.
- Do I have a teachable way of life?
- Am I teachable? Do I stay teachable?
- Am I willing to be a vulnerable role model and coach?
- Don’t pretend you have all the answers. Be authentic, admitting what you don’t know, and learning as much as you can from the people that you are developing.
- Do the people I develop succeed?
- Help people transform their life. Teaching may help someone’s life improve. True development helps an individuals life change.